When choosing between aligners and braces, there is much to consider. So, before you make a choice, go through the following points to be better informed.
Aligners vs. Braces (The Pros and Cons of Each)
Braces: Metal or porcelain brackets and wires are used to straighten teeth when it comes to braces. The advantages of choosing braces are:
- Braces can be used by all and are thus helpful for many people.
- Moreover, there is a wide variety of materials from which braces can be made. Hence it can offer one option to avail as per comfort.
- Compliance is a factor to consider since people might not feel motivated to go for braces, but since these are already fixed to teeth, these do not happen to be a chore.
- Compared to aligners, braces make it much more challenging to clean your teeth.
- While wearing braces, adjustments to diet are also made. Breakages caused by eating hard foods can halt or significantly delay the effectiveness of dental treatment. Sticky, sugary foods should be avoided as well.
- Braces are more likely to lead to irritation due to their tendency to rub against the lips and cheeks.
- These happen to be more noticeable compared to aligners.
- One may have to frequently schedule appointments with their dentists when it comes to caring for braces.
Aligners: Teeth aligners are fabricated from plastic and are individually molded to fit each patient’s teeth. The teeth are moved into place with each successive aligner, and small projections made of composite resin are added to improve the aligner’s grip and facilitate the tooth’s proper movement. Its advantages are:
- Aligners go less noticed than braces.
- These are custom-made.
- Do not cause much irritation like braces.
- These do not affect diet.
- These are removable and far more hygienic.
- Fewer and simpler dentist appointments are required.
- Since these are removable, one needs to comply with keeping them on for 22 hours a day to gain effective results.
- The effectiveness of it might vary from person to person based on their habits.
- Aligners can be more expensive or cost you as much as braces.
When deciding between orthodontic options, there are many factors to think about. The preceding details should prove helpful as you consider your options. If you are looking for high-quality dental care, look no further than Bombay Dental Specialities the Best Dental Clinic in Ghatkopar East. Get the professional care you deserve at the most affordable price. Book an appointment today!
Also Read: 5 Most Common Cosmetic Dentistry Treatments