The tooth can be counted among the most underrated yet crucial parts of the human body. The teeth serve various purposes, including chewing, speech, aesthetics, biting, grinding, etc. Maintaining a tooth is, therefore, crucial. But because of changes in our eating or hygiene habits, we don’t often care as much about our teeth. As a result, a tooth may become movable and eventually fall out. Regaining the same smile and function is challenging, but dental implants are an option. Let’s learn about dental implants in this blog.
What are dental implants?
Dental implants are tooth-like structures with a titanium screw that fits into your jawbone, as the normal tooth consists of a crown and root. This titanium screw is a replica of your root. Gradually with time, the jaw bone adapts to the screw, thus tightening your tooth structure. Because of this feature, it is close to the natural restoration of your tooth function.
Types of Dental Implants
Choosing the type of dental implant depends on the patient’s condition, oral health, cost and preferences. Your dentist can suggest subperiosteal or endosteal based on your condition. Sub Periosteal is used when there is not enough jaw bone support. The three basic implant types are:
- Single Dental Implant: Used in cases wherein only a single tooth needs to be restored
- Implant Supported Bridge: Used in cases wherein a few teeth are missing, and a bridge is to be formed.
- Implant-Retained Denture: Normal dentures tend to fall off, but your denture is secured forever with implant-retained dentures!
Advantages of Denture
- It does not affect adjacent tooth
- It restores all the features of the natural tooth and provides a natural look.
The most beneficial thing you can do for your dental health is to replace the missing tooth. It will revitalise your eating, speaking, and smiling habits. Therefore, if you’re looking for the top dentist in Ghatkopar, Bombay Dental answers all your dental issues.